To provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, submittals and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or construction science. Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered if they have additional training in business administration and accounting.
- Three years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
No RELOCATION offered for this position. Island Foundations Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should fax their resume with cover letter to: Bill Kiecka, 718-967-2542 or send it in the US mail to Bill Kiecka, Island Foundations Corporation, 84 Winant Place, Staten Island NY, 10309.