Responsible for the preparation and development of cost estimate bids. Work directly with the executive team on all bid projects and provide supervision to entry level estimators.
- Develop cost estimates within the required timeframe.
- Review construction documents and understand scope of work to bid.
- Collaborate with other technical resources and review similar past projects when applicable.
- Account for all required resources, including labor, materials and time.
- Execute take-offs of construction documents.
- Input take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Project labor cost for bid.
- Obtain pricing for materials with suppliers.
- Obtain bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
- Informs executive team of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Mentors and supervises entry level estimatorsAttends departmental meetings as required.
- B.S. in engineering discipline preferred
- Bid estimating software a plus
- 2 years of experience in estimating in the construction field
- Background in construction, Structural and Civil preferred
- Must remain calm under pressure and during stressful situations
- Must have a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize
- The ability to work according to company schedule of hours and a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Computer skills a must.
- The ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
No RELOCATION offered for this position. Island Foundations Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified candidates should fax their resume with cover letter to: Bill Kiecka, 718-967-2542 or send it in the US mail to Bill Kiecka, Island Foundations Corporation, 84 Winant Place, Staten Island NY, 10309.